Teach for Islam.
Teach for Islam is a project dedicated to join the Muslim masses around the world with the wealth of knowledge available in the Muslim community in all matters of benefit. The project will include actively seeking out Muslim academics, professionals, entrepreneurs and skilled trainers and then to market, facilitate and organise lectures and courses both online and onsite with interested students, apprentices, trainees and the general masses interested in those topics. The lectures and programs will be recorded and be available for free download from a free web portal and the best of which will be developed and broadcasted on satellite TV.
Mercy Mission has identified that there is no structured medium to allow Muslim professionals such as engineers, financial consultants, businessmen, doctors, artists, chefs, academics, management consultants etc. to share their expertise with the Muslim ummah.
This is precisely the gap that Teach for Islam aims to fill – to be the intermediary that helps these scholars and professionals to reach out and receive greater exposure to their knowledge. As well as being a tool for dawah, Teach for Islam will also serve to open pathways and bridges for cooperation.
Teach for Islam will:
- Allow Muslims to contribute scientific, social and technological knowledge to the masses
- Generate interest in Muslim professionals and experts that are currently isolated in university or college environments.
- Present knowledge in an innovative way.
- Provide benefit to Muslims and non-Muslims from the knowledge presented through this portal
- Help Muslims who do not have access to knowledge base classes, training or tertiary study due to physical or financial constraints – access knowledge en masse.
- Highlight Muslim knowledge leaders to the youth